Kali Linux is one of the best operating systems to work on and Especially for Hackers and Security Analysts. Installing Kali Linux on Android device unlocks a variety of features which include running web-based applications on your Android device, install Kali Linux on android and use Linux applications, rather you can run a graphical desktop environment on it.
Kali Linux has the capability to turn an Android device into a portable hacking machine or pen-testing device. While installing Kali Linux on Android device using the methods listed below, you need to root your device. Linux cannot be installed on your Android device if it is not rooted.
If you do not wish to root your device, do not follow the methods listed below. Another precaution is to have enough free space in your memory. If you don’t have enough free memory, the installation if Linux will fail.
Method #1: Install Kali Linux On Android Using Linux deploy and VNC Viewer.
- Once downloaded, launch the Linux deploy an app. You will find an option looking like a download symbol at the bottom of the screen. Hit that option, and you will find a list of other options. Here, in ‘Distribution’ select Kali Linux.
- In the same list, go to GUI settings and enter the width and the height of your device’s screen.
- Then, go to the option ‘Install’ and hit it. You will notice that the process of installation has been initiated. This installation process might take approximately 10 to 15 minutes. So please maintain your patience till the process gets completed.
- When this process is completed, tap on the option ‘Configure‘.
- Post configuration, hit the ‘Start‘ option.
- Then, open the VNC viewer and enter the details required such as address, name, and password, etc.
Once the data entry is completed, you will have successfully installed Kali Linux on Android device which is ready to be used now.
Method #2: Install Kali Linux On Android Using Kali Linux ISO and Limbo PC Emulator.
- Download Kali Linux i386 ISO file and limbo PC emulator from their websites (links provided by us to ease your task). They can download either by directly downloading them on your Android device or a PC and then copy them to your Android device.
- First of all, install Limbo PC Emulator on your Android device.
- Then, launch the app. Here, in the ‘Load VM‘ option select “New” and enter your name. And in the ‘User Interface’ option select “SDL.”
- Then, select your CPU model, CPU cores, RAM memory from the drop-down choices.
- In the option ‘CDROM (*iso)’ select the “Kali Linux i386 iso file” which you had downloaded or copied from your PC. You will have to search for it which will be easy if you remember where you had copied it or the location of download.
- After the above steps hit the ‘Start’ option which will open the page of Kali Linux.
- Select the ‘Install‘ option to initiate the installation of Kali Linux on Android device. (This will take really long time, I mean 30-35 mins, so grab a cup of coffee and wait)
- Once the installation is over, you will have successfully installed Kali Linux on Android device.
Turn Your Phone Into Hacking Machine By Installing Kali Linux On Android Device
Wrap Up: Now you can easily Install Kali Linux on Android with these methods. With Kali, you can easily gain some Geek Hacking Knowledge and make your mind extraordinary. So try out this today. Hope you like our work, do share with others too. Leave a comment below if you facing any problem at any step discussed above.